Dear Parents of Great Cardinal Students:
Wow, time really flies, doesn’t it? It seems like summer has disappeared while we have been busy preparing for our first day of school on Monday, August 21, 2017. I am so excited to be your school leader and I cannot wait to meet you all and work with you this year! We are excited to introduce some new ideas and fresh perspectives in learning. I’ve been very impressed with some of the new ideas I’m hearing from teachers and I believe you will be too.
As you begin your back-to-school preparations, please keep the following in mind: school supply lists are posted on the school’s LiveBinder page, accessible here: https://bit.ly/CCABinder. The access code for this one is: SchoolChoice.
You can also check out this link: https://bit.ly/CCABinder/media/get/MTYwMjMzNzA= to see the 2017-2018 approved school calendar.
Here are some upcoming dates that you should know:
• Thursday, August 10 – 4:30-6:00 – meeting for Kindergarten parents; Q&A session
• Wednesday, August 16 – Meet the Teacher 1-2 from 2:30-4:00
• Wednesday, August 16 – Meet the Teacher 3-5 from 4:00-5:30
• Thursday, August 17 – Meet the Teacher Middle School from 4:00-5:30
• Friday, August 18 – the building will be CLOSED; all staff will be at our annual SUMMIT meeting
• Monday, August 21 – FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!
• Friday, August 25 – Meet the Teacher Kindergarten from 4:30-5:30
• Monday, August 28 – PTC meeting @ 7:00
It is vitally important that if you have accepted a seat for your child, he / she is PRESENT on the first day of school. Our funding depends upon every student attending school on the first day; our staffing is dependent upon this as well! If your child is absent on the first day, we must code them as a no show and this is reported to DPI, even if your child is only absent on the first day. Please note that we are making plans to incorporate the very rare solar eclipse into all our classes and lesson plans on that day.
Finally – if you have any additional paperwork you need to complete for enrollment, it is very important that you have it completed no later than August 10 so we can properly enroll your child.
Thank you for your continued trust in our school. We can’t wait to welcome our students back as we look forward to our best year ever at Cardinal Charter Academy. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Becky Draper, Ed.D.
Cardinal Charter Academy